Installing Mac OS X Leopard on your MSI Wind and laptops
Released several months ago, this media player appears as a competitor to iTunes and some of them...
Sep 11 2009
/*-->*/ Partition Magic is a software application which allows you to perform many operations...
Sep 09 2009
Introduction: The least we can say about the browsers available on Mac OS X i. It's far from...
Sep 08 2009
After so many years of existence as a beta version, VLC is finally here in version 1.0 final! A...
Sep 04 2009
Network monitoring simply means the use of a system that constantly monitors a computer network...
Sep 04 2009
Here is a tutorial for setting up a dual-boot Windows XP and OSX on the MSI wind or other NETBOOK...
Jul 05 2009
Here is a tutorial for setting up a dual-boot Windows XP and OSX on the
MSI wind or other NETBOOK. This tutorial will allow you to install
Windows XP and Mac osX leopard in dual boot on a MSI wind.
Requirement to install OSX on MSI Wind:
- The MSI wind (or other NETBOOK)
- An external DVD drive
- MSIWindosx86.iso (search on google)
- The DVD restoration of wind (or Windows installation CD)
- The official OSX 10.5.5 delta upgrade here
Procedure to create partition,this is optional because you can also
create it with Mac os x cd but no problem if you follow this.
- in the start menu, right-click My Computer and choose manage. A window opens, go to Disk Management in the right column.
- Right click on disk, and create one or more partitions, (that will be reserved for OsX). select the partition and choose its size. give name osx
- Now restart laptop
Before you start make sure you have latest BIOS version 1.05 installed.
You can view the BIOS version by entering the BIOS setup by pressing del at startup.
MSI machines: download your BIOS update here
After updating your BIOS, enter BIOS setup and press F9 to 'restore best performance defaults'. This is ESSENTIAL!
Part 1: Installing the system
- Insert the MSIWindosx disk into your external DVD, and connect it to your Wind
- Start your Wind and press F11 during the boot. When the blue menu appears select your DVD Rom
- Press a key when you are asked to do to boot from CD / DVD .... you will see scrolling through a ton of text, let it go ..
- You must then choose the language. For English click default.
- On Welcome screen do not click continue ,select the menu Utilities then Disk Utility .
- In disk utility click the main hard drive on the left side
- Click on Partition on the right side of the window.
- Under Volume Scheme , click1 partition .
- Choose a name for your disc.
- Click Apply
- Wait and select Quit Disk Utility .
- You can see home page of the installation. Click on Continue.
- Click on Agree .
- Select the destination disk.The disc partitioned that you keep for installation as osx Click on 'Continue.
- Click Customize
- uncheck Language Translations.
- Open Kernels and select ONLY kernel_vanilla_92
- Open Graphics_Drivers open Intel_GMA select GMA950
- uncheck Audio_Drivers.
- Open Networks_Drivers. and select RTL1000.
- uncheck Mobo_Chipsets.
- uncheck Thirds_Applications.
- Open Patches and select TimeMachineFix and PowerManagement_bundle.
- Click on Done
- Click Install
- The installation will now be able to start if you want to accelerate the click Skip DVD check.
- When Install Succeeded ,Restart
Part 2: System Update
- When you restart and boot into OSX for the first time, insert the MSIWindosx disk
- Run 1 Kalyway_UpdCombo10.5.3.pkg and follow the steps. Do not restart when the system prompt you.
- At the end of the installation, run 2 _kalyway_10.5.3_kernel.pkg and follow the steps. Select the kernel vallina_kernel_9.3.
- Restart now.
- press F8 to interrupt the loading .
- Type update-v , and press the enter key. Your Wind may reboot several times during these stages.
- After that insert the disk containing the