The Internet is a wonderful place for networking, searching for information and entertainment, but it is also where malicious software and other threats lurk. ESET Smart Security 4 keeps your PC safe with smart proactive detection that blocks most known and undiscovered threats hours or days faster than other Internet security technologies. Smart Security enhances your Internet experience without getting in the way.
- Smarter Scanner – Threats don’t always enter in ways you expect. ESET Smart Security inspects SSL-encrypted communication channels like HTTPS and POP3S, and intelligently scans compressed files to find threats that other products miss. ESET’s Smart Optimization feature makes file scanning faster than ever.
- Time-saving Firewall – The new Learning Mode saves time by automatically creating firewall rules by observing how you use your computer, while offering advanced firewall modes for power users.
- Upgraded Antispam – ESET Smart Security now takes care of annoying spam with a smaller, faster, and even more effective spam filter.
- Removable Media Security – Threats can enter your PC from removable media such as USB thumb drives. For self-running media, ESET Smart Security scans autorun.inf and associated files when the medium is inserted, in addition to scanning any file on any removable device when it is accessed, or during a full-scan of the media. Power users can adjust ESET Smart Security to perform additional levels of scanning on removable media.
- System Tools – ESET SysInspector and ESET SysRescue simplify diagnosing and cleaning of infected systems by allowing deep scans of system processes to find hidden threats, and creating bootable rescue CD/DVD or USB drives to help you repair an infected computer.
- Self Defense – ESET Smart Security has built-in technology to prevent malicious software from corrupting or disabling it, so you can rest assured your system is always protected.
- Built on the award-winning NOD32 antivirus and antispyware engine
- Stops most new threats proactively, well before other vendors have issued a signature, maximizing your defense against new and unknown threats
- Integrated antispam and personal firewall keeps your online life safe
- Scans and cleans Internet traffic and email, even when it’s SSL-encrypted, so your email is always safe
- Stops threats from entering through removable devices so you can share files with confidence
- Integrated SysInspector and SysRescue simplify system diagnosis and recovery
- Self defense prevents malware from degrading your level of protection
- Tiny signature updates happen discretely as needed and won’t bog down your system
- Free technical support via the Web, email or phone
- Processors supported: Intel or AMD x86-x64
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit editions), Microsoft Windows Vista (32- and 64-bit editions), Microsoft Windows XP (32- and 64-bit editions), Microsoft Windows 2000
- Memory: 48 MB
- Disk Space (download): 32 MB
- Disk Space (installation): 46 MB