This product utilizes several technologies, which were jointly developed by Kaspersky Labs and other companies; part of them is implemented via online-services. They have products for home and home office are specifically designed to provide hassle-free and quality protection against viruses, worms and other malicious programs, as well as hacker attacks, spam and spyware. Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 has everything you need for a safe and secure Internet experience.
Following are some of the key features of "Kaspersky Internet Security 2010":
- Protects from viruses, Trojans and worms
- Blocks spyware and adware
- Scans files in real time (on access) and on demand
- Scans email messages (regardless of email client)
- Scans Internet traffic (regardless of browser)
- Protects instant messengers (ICQ, MSN)
- Provides proactive protection from unknown threats
- Scans Java and Visual Basic scripts
- Scans operating system and installed applications for vulnerabilities
- Analyzes and closes Internet Explorer vulnerabilities
- Disables links to malware site
- Detects viruses based on the packers used to compress code
- Global threat monitoring (Kaspersky Security Network)
Data & Identity Theft Protection:
- Disables links to fake (phishing) websites
- Blocks all types of keyloggers
- Virtual keyboard is provided for safely entering logins and passwords
- Prevents the theft of data exchanged via secure connections (HTTPS / SSL)
- Blocks unauthorized dial-up connections
- Cleans up any traces of user activity (deletes temporary files, cookies etc.)
- Parental control
- Improved antispam protection (plugins for Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, The Bat!, Thunderbird)
- Blocks banners on web pages
- Automatic configuration during installation
- Wizards for common tasks
- Visual reports with charts and diagrams
- Alerts provide all the information necessary for informed user decisions
- Automatic or interactive mode
- Round-the-clock technical support
- Automatic database updates
WHAT’S NEW IN KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY 2010:
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 is a comprehensive data protection tool, which provides not only anti-virus protection but also protection against spam and network attacks. The application’s components also enable users to protect their computers against currently unknown threats and phishing, and to restrict users’ access to the Internet. The multifaceted protection covers all channels for data transfer and exchange. All components can be flexibly configured, allowing users to tailor Kaspersky Internet Security to their specific needs.
New in protection:
- Innovative Sandbox technology has been implemented, which uses virtualization to create a secure environment for program execution. New software can be tested in this environment, which isolates the host operating system from all changes. There is no limit to the number of Internet browsers and other applications which can run simultaneously in a sandbox.
- Increased use of Kaspersky Security Network considerably decreases the threat response time, due to information received from other users. The service aims to minimize the time necessary to detect and neutralize new types of threats. When a user starts a program, the service checks it against white lists and Urgent Detection System lists on Kaspersky Lab’s servers.
- The protection of personal user data has been extended and enhanced. For instance, Kaspersky Internet Security automatically prevents inadvertent users from accessing known phishing web sites, and blocks keylogger programs, which are designed to steal passwords and access codes.
- The new Script Emulator analyzes the behavior of scripts, to assess their potential harmfulness. It simulates the operation of the Java Script and Visual Basic Script engines, which are supported by default in Microsoft Internet Explorer and are built in to Microsoft Windows.
- The new IM Anti-Virus component ensures the safe operation of most instant messaging applications. The component scans messages for the presence of malicious objects.
- Improvements to the Virtual keyboard component provide safer entry of personal information, by protecting data from being intercepted by spyware and preventing screenshot capture.
- Significant improvements to the Anti-Spam component now provide two methods for detecting spam: exact and expert. Exact methods apply strict filtering criteria to a message, which determine unambiguously whether or not a message is spam. Expert methods investigate email messages that have passed strict filtering criteria. As such messages cannot be unambiguously considered spam, the component calculates the probability that they are spam.
- Components of Kaspersky Internet Security can be temporarily disabled, to improve computer performance. This can be useful during the use of resource-hungry applications such as network games.
- Monitoring access to phishing websites and protection against phishing attacks are performed by scanning links in messages and on web pages, and also by using the database of phishing addresses when an attempt to access websites is detected. You can check whether a web address is included in the phishing database, using the Web Anti-Virus, IM Anti-Virus or Anti-Spam component.
- Improvements have been made to all the application’s existing components, including the Firewall, Parental Control, and Anti-Spam components, and particularly the Heuristic analyzer.
- The anti-virus kernel of Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 has been significantly improved, to provide more efficient malware detection. The application shows higher performance on Windows Vista operating systems, as compared to previous versions of Kaspersky Internet Security.
- Kaspersky Internet Security includes the URL scanning module managed by Web Anti-Virus. This module scans links on the web page, comparing the website addresses against its database of suspicious and phishing websites. This module is provided for Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers as a plug-in.
- The update procedure has been improved. Kaspersky Internet Security’s databases are now updated not only according to their schedule, but also when new security threats appear.
- The creation of Rescue Disks has been improved. The service should be used when the infection reaches a level at which the computer cannot be disinfected using either anti-virus applications, or malware removal utilities such as Kaspersky AVPTool. The improved Rescue Disks provide more efficient disinfection because malware programs do not gain control when the operating system is being loaded
- Problem with system instability after long period of program operation has been fixed.
- Error causing BSOD while updating the emulator driver has been fixed.
- Pop-up message in the URL checking module has been fixed (for the Spanish version).
- Problem with pausing the scan task while third party programs are running in full-screen mode has been fixed.
- Problem with the update task freezing at system startup has been fixed.
- Vulnerability that allowed disabling of computer protection using an external script has been eliminated.
- Driver crash in rare cases while processing a write operation has been fixed.
- Crash while processing data incompliant with the protocol of Mail.Ru Agent has been fixed.