DiskDigger can recover files from any type of media that your computer can read. This includes USB flash drives, memory cards (SD, CompactFlash, Memory Stick, etc), and of course your hard drive. The types of files that it recovers include photos, videos, music, documents, and many other formats. DiskDigger can even scan reformatted or badly formatted disks (disks to which Windows can’t assign a drive letter), and even disks with bad sectors. It bypasses the Windows file system drivers and scans your disk directly. It has its own built-in support for the following file systems: FAT12 (floppy disks), FAT16 (older memory cards), FAT32 (newer memory cards and hard disks), NTFS.
You may find DiskDigger useful if
* You deleted one or more photos from a memory card by accident, and want them restored.
* You deleted one or more photos from a memory card on purpose, but now want them restored.
* You deleted some documents from your USB flash drive, and want to recover them.
* You came across an old hard drive of yours (or someone else’s) that’s been reformatted, and would like to see what its previous contents were.
* You’ve “securely wiped” your media, and want to make sure that your media has actually been wiped correctly.
* You’re just curious about what old deleted files are still present on your memory cards or hard drives.