GoodSync Enterprise offers a unique, next-generation synchronization and backup solution that is entirely file-based. It enables you to synchronize and backup employee folders and files to a USB disk, a network drive or even a remote server accessible via the Internet. It simplifies the traditional, cumbersome data backup and restore process and lets you pick and choose critical files and folders to synchronize or back up right to disk, which means you have readily accessible media.
· Use server timestamping technique to prevent server side Analyze scan when nothing has changed on server. Turn it on in Options -> Advanced -> Fast Pre-Analyze. Used in RoboForm Online syncing.
· Add Windows Offline Files (Net Share files cached by CSC) detection and warning. Offline Files must be turned Off, because they cause problems in syncing due to lack of consistency.
· Skip Offline files when analyzing (unmounted tapes, offline per Hierarchical Storage Management).
· If GoodSync cannot connect via proxy (say, due to bad authentication), try to connect directly.
· WinCE: speed up and optimize two jobs working with the same WinCE device.
· LocalNet: Do not purge cached credentials of the server we are connecting to, on Analyze.
· FTP: fix processing of some error replies that could causes cycling in rare cases.
· FTP: better test MFMT command, as some hosts do not support it while claiming otherwise.
· WMI: more timely release of WMI handles when closing GoodSync.