MCiS is an application that synchronizes MC and iTunes ratings, play & skip counts, last played & skipped dates. It also exports fields such as Name, Artist, Album, Compilation and Lyrics flags from MC to iTunes, and Album Rating information from iTunes to MC. As well as this, MCiS can automatically import files to and remove any broken links (missing file links) from the iTunes library.
Assuming the various options are selected, the following happens on all syncs:
- The latest Last Played date for each track is used.
- The latest Last Skipped date for each track is used.
- If the track has Mix Album set to 1 in MC, Compilation in iTunes is set to true.
- If the track has Mix Album set to 0 in MC, Compilation in iTunes is set to false.
- Any other selected fields are also sync’d to iTunes if different
- Any files of the specified types that exist in the MC library but not in theiTunes library are imported
- Any entries in the iTunes library where the physical file can not be found are removed
- Playlists and contents are sync’d across to iTunes