S3 Backup is a fail-safe, encrypted online backup solution.
S3 Backup is powered by Amazon S3 — highly scalable, reliable, fast, inexpensive data storage infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites. When using S3 Backup you ensure that your data are stored in multiple locations through the world, making it safe even in the event of natural disaster or sabotage.
- Authentication and password protection for your credentials (encrypted with Blowfish) (starting from beta 7 credentials are always encrypted, even when user opts not to use password)
- Compression with zlib or bz2
- Streaming uploads, downloads and deletion of files and folders in your S3 buckets
- Unicode support
- Instant feedback
- Reliable S3 and connection errors handling
- Logging console (accessible via shortcut Ctrl+L or menu Help → Show debug log)
- Fully independent and parallel uploads, downloads and backups
- Proxy support
- Support for HTTP and HTTPS connections to S3
- Backup jobs:
- Intuitive interface to include folders in the backup set
- Uploads only files modified since last run (this is known as differential backup). Modified files are detected with a smart algorithm that avoids disk thrashing