Google Web Accelerator is an application that uses the power of
Google’s global computer network to make web pages load faster. Google
Web Accelerator is easy to use; all you have to do is download and
install it, and from then on many web pages will automatically load
faster than before.
Google Web Accelerator is…
- Designed for Broadband – Web pages load even more quickly on DSL and cable connections
- Easy to use – Simply install and enjoy faster web browsing in seconds
Google Web Accelerator uses various strategies to make your web pages load faster, including:
- Sending your page requests through Google machines dedicated to handling Google Web Accelerator traffic.
- Storing copies of frequently looked at pages to make them quickly accessible.
- Downloading only the updates if a web page has changed slightly since you last viewed it.
- Prefetching certain pages onto your computer in advance.
- Managing your Internet connection to reduce delays.
- Compressing data before sending it to your computer.