Fast compression, compatible with the ZIP industry standard, and with command line support. ZIP is the industry standard for compressed files, you may receive ZIP files by e-mail or download them from the Internet. Use 12-Zip to handle those files easily!
- Graphical window to manage zip files
- List view with sortable columns. Name, date, compressed size, ratio, and more
- Large customizable toolbar buttons for the most used functions
- Add dialog box to easily select files to add, including the options: Include subfolders, Save extra folder info, Include only if archive attribute is set, Reset archive attribute, Include system and hidden files
- Add, Freshen, Move, Update files, different compression methods, wildcards accepted.
- Extract dialog box to easily select the extract path, includes many unzip options: All or selected files, Overwrite existing files, Skip older files (update), Use folder names, browse for new folder.
- View files by double-clicking
- Properties for zip archive or included files
- Faster than competing compression software: Our test revealed the following speed when compressing 10 MB of mixed files (text, executables, Word and Excel documents) at maximum compression
- Industry ZIP standard supported, compatible with InfoGroup zip, gzip, PKZIP, WinZip, and many others
- Full support of InfoGroup zip/unzip command line options
- Environment variables are also supported (ZIPOPT and UNZIPOPT)