VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit and 64-bit
Windows platforms (98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/Vista/7), licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe
Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. It
has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files
and can be extended with third-party video filters.
VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it
can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images
New in this Version:
- The log now indicates which plugins failed to load on startup.
- UI: Fixed a case where the output pane could change aspect ratio when auto pane sizing was enabled and the main frame window was resized.
- UI: The output pane now has the correct pixel aspect ratio when an input plugin indicates non-square pixels and no filters are used.
- UI: 6% zoom menu items didn’t display checkmarks properly.
- AVI: Fixed incorrect decoding of paletted video files when biClrUsed=0 in the header and the input color mode is set to Autoselect.
- AMD64: Fixed incorrect disassembler module in crash handler.
- Render: Fixed sporadic hang when using smart rendering with fast recompress mode.
- Render: Audio is no longer cut off when "cut off when video ends" option is disabled and IVTC filter is used.
- Filters: Fixed duplicate frame fetches when using lagged filters (ex: temporal smoother) at the very end of the source video stream.
- Filters: Fixed frame fetch errors when using filters with a frame window (ex: interpolate) at the end of an MPEG-1 video.
- Filters: Source length was not set during renders.
- Filters: Fixed garbage line at bottom of frame when using IVTC filter with an odd height.
- Filters: Fixed bug where filter preview stopped displaying frames past a certain point when edits had occurred on the timeline.
- Batch: Timeline had wrong frame counts when creating batch jobs via Process Directory or Batch Wizard with a frame rate changing filter (ex: IVTC).
- Decoders: Fixed decoding of Huffyuv files using median prediction and 4:2:0 encoding.
- Decoders: Fixed incorrect chroma DC handling with restart markers in MJPEG decoder.