Dejal Simon is the essential site monitoring tool for Mac OS X. It checks web pages, FTP and DNS servers, local or remote ports, and other services for changes or failures, and notifies you via email, sound, speech, or HTML reports.
Add tests to Simon to track updated sites, to alert you when an important server goes down or recovers, check on Samba SMB, take periodic screenshots of the system, track posts and new comments on your or friends’ blogs, check for web mail, make sure a key application is running, get notifications of updates to favorite news and entertainment websites, keep an eye on auctions, and many other uses. Many more features.
Improvements in this Version:
- Updated the iPhone Report Template to improve the behavior of the back button and other aspects.
- Added a hidden preference to output debug information from the E-mail plug-in. It can be activated by entering “defaults write com.dejal.simon2 EmailDebugMode YES” in Terminal.
- Also added a hidden E-mail plug-in preference to use the recipient’s SMTP server instead of the sender’s, via “defaults write com.dejal.simon2 EmailUseRecipientServer YES”.
- Added Japanese localization, thanks to Koichi Matsumoto.
- Enhanced Snow Leopard compatibility.
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later