Welcome to SwitchResX – the most advanced utility to control resolutions on your Mac
The Control Panel and the Daemon have been completely rewritten from scratch using Cocoa, Apple’s modern framework
The Contextual Menu, the Menu Extra and the APE module have been adapted to the new framework
SwitchResX 4 main modules (Control Panel and Daemon) are now available in 64-bit mode for Snow Leopard
The Menu Extra is also 64-bit compatible.
* Provides a new option to only let SwitchResX reactivate a display that was previously deactivated. This is useful when a TV is always plugged to the Mac, and if the TV comes out of sleep, and you don’t want the TV to be visible to MacOS X.
* Uses GROWL, if available, to display new updates notifications. Even without GROWL, the look of the alerts has been changed.
* Should behave correctly if a bad EDID is reported by the system
* Should correctly report the resolution status, even if the resolution was added some minutes after reboot
* Should correctly reposition icons snapped to grid, when this option is selected