SiSoftware Sandra is a 32- and 64-bit client/server Windows system
analyzer that includes benchmarking, testing and listing modules. It
tries to go beyond other utilities to show you more of what is really
going on under the hood so you draw comparisons at both a high and
low-level in a single product. You can get information about the CPU,
GPGPU, chipset, video adapter (GPU), ports, printers, sound card,
memory, network, Windows internals even .NET and Java.
Looking at these in more detail:
This version introduces additional support in the graphics
performance space. Not only including support for DirectX (9/10),
SiSoftware has added two GPGPU (General Purpose Graphics Processing
Unit) benchmarks, that focus on this new computing processing space.
Please see the GPGPU Press Release.
Cryptography has become an important part of our digital life: it
allows us to conduct safe transactions online, certify programs and
services, keep our data secure and much more. This version adds
dedicated benchmarks that measure cryptographic performance. Please see
the Crypto Press Release.
Since last year much new hardware has been released and the
SiSoftware team continue to work on including support for new hardware
and software in the latest version.
Our feedback has told us that you all have your favourite
modules, the tests you are interested in the ones you run daily or
weekly, well now we offer the ability to use the favourites tab in the
software to organise the tools you use better. We have also further
improved the interface to add headings to make it clearer to see the
Responding to customers’ needs to have a rapid portable
version of Sandra that does not need installing and can just as easily
run from CD, we introduce Sandra Engineer PLUS, offering the same
operating system support as Sandra Engineer, just this version supplied
on a credit card style mini-CD that can live in your pocket or wallet,
does not require installation to aid the technician access to a wealth
of information in the tried and tested Sandra format.
- 4 native architectures support (x86, x64/AMD64/EM64T, IA64/Itanium2, ARM).
- 2 native GPGPU platforms support (AMD CTM/STREAM1, nVidia CUDA1, future Intel).
- 3 native Graphics platforms support (DirectX 9, DirectX 10/10.1).
- 23 established benchmarking modules, 4 new to this version.
- Huge official hardware support through technology partners (Intel, AMD/ATI, SiS, VIA).
- 7 charting options: combined, components, performance vs. speed/power/cost, capacity vs. power/cost charts.
- 6 language versions (English, German, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese) in a single installer.