CacheGuard OS is a Linux based operating system dedicated to Web traffic control and optimization. It transforms an x86 based machine to a powerful, affordable Web gateway appliance. It allows you to control all Web traffic that passes through a CacheGuard appliance. It proxies HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP. It supports HTTP transparent implementation, HTTP compression methods, caching technologies, and user-defined black and white lists.
It features a fireWall with NAT and PAT, bandwidth management (QoS), Web-based and SSH-based administration interfaces, and high availability through a VRRP implementation.
Features of CacheGuard OS
- HTTP Transparent Implementation
- User Defined Balck Lists & White Lists
- Light-Weight Administration
- Scalability & Load Balancing
- Caching and HTTP Compression methods
- Web oriented Firewall with NAT & PAT
- Redundancy & High Availability
- Load Sharing