The team developing Linux Mint made public distribution of Linux Mint 10 Julia RC. Developers of operating systems tend to make the distribution as user friendly as well as to provide the best support for third-party plug-ins, codecs. Recall that Linux Mint is the third most popular distro after Ubuntu and Fedora. Linux Mint based on Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, taking advantage of Linux-kernel 2.6.35, X.org 7.5, and GNOME 2.32.
Significantly changed the interface in the new version. Welcome Screen Linux Mint 10 can immediately install additional proprietary codecs or upgrade distribution.
System Requirement :
- x86 processor (Linux Mint 64-bit requires a 64-bit processor. Linux Mint 32-bit works on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors).
- 512 MB of system memory (RAM)
- 4 GB of disk space for installation
- Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution
- CD-ROM drive or USB port
Features of Linux Mint 10 RC:
Founded Ubuntu 10.10
- Linux-kernel 2.6.1935
- GNOME 2.32.0
- X. Org 7.5
- The new welcome screen
- Improved Mint-menu
- Advanced Software Manager
- Improved Update Manager
- Superior Upload Manager
- Changing the default personalization
- Number of system improvements