Vizit SP 2.0 with New Visual Search is released! Update your installation today for some amazing new features. we have several search enhancements like column-based search, new web-based scanning, and much more. Vizit SP has evolved into a crtically important add-on to your SharePoint Installation. I would like to thank to our customers for their feedback and support, we couldn’t have done it without you!
Updates in this version:
- Added the ability to perform a standard SharePoint full text search inside the Vizit SP user interface.
- Search results include the same hit highlighting as the Standard SharePoint search.
- Search results have the Vizit Previewer column so documents can be viewed immediately.
- Search results are displayed in a table which can now be sorted based on document name, author, and modified date.
- Added the ability to search column fields on a SharePoint list. Different from a full text search, the column based search presents the property fields associated with a list which allows searching on one or many fields.
- Supports displaying searchable fields down to the content type level in a list.
- Supports both “AND” & “OR” searches.
- Supports displaying the search results in a sortable table.
- Allows end user to choose the column format of the search results by selecting an existing “View.”
- Added ability to quickly re-order and delete pages in document. (Currently only supports TIFF documents).
- Web Based scanning feature added to document library. Allows users to leverage any TWAIN based scanner and scan documents. Note: this feature uses a very small activeX control and has only been tested with IE.
- Added the ability to right-click and burn any single annotation in a document that supports image burning.
- Fixed Search Integration web part to handle direct URLs to documents.
- Fixed an error with the “content type” drop down menu in the property editor which generated an "Object reference not set to an instance of the object" error.
- Fixed an error with burning annotations into a document.
- Fixed an error running the rendition service on 64-bit system installations.