E-Paint is a Windows paint application — unlike numerous Windows
paint "programs." It’s easy to use, quick to learn and less difficult
to master than many brands of soap. If you’re able to work the web
browser that’s displaying this document, you have all the necessary
skills to successfully operate e-Paint.
The power of e-Paint is that it embodies a rich selection of popular
drawing and image-editing tools without attempting to squeeze every
imaginable painting function in there somewhere, just so it can say it
has them. It provides robust painting functionality, but it won’t
burden you with innumerable features to click through to perform simple
tasks. It has a very short learning curve. It’s also reasonably priced.
E-Paint’s features include a variety of selection tools; antialiased
drawing and text; a gallery of image processing filters ranging from
tastefully subtle to breathtakingly wild; multiple document handling,
soft brushes, local undo, variable magnification and an intuitive user
interface — you might not even need its extensive, accessible
documentation and tutorials.
You’ll find e-Paint to be the perfect tool for fine-tuning your digital
photographs; drawing cells for web page animations; creating original
artwork; building graphics for business presentations or, if you’re
employed by one of the supermarket tabloids, gluing the head of the
president of the United States onto the body of an extraterrestrial. It
has few limits, and in the latter example, very little shame.
- Create and edit graphics stored as BMP, PCX, TGA, JPG, GIF and PNG files.
- Draw with antialiasing to create smooth, professional lines, shapes and text.
- Soften, sharpen, color-adjust and manipulate your graphics with a rich library of image processing filters.
- Repair minor imperfections in your digital photographs.
- Make radical alternations to your pictures — attach the heads of
people you don’t like to the bodies of favourite pets. Become the photo
editor of your own supermarket tabloid newspaper.
- Work quickly — the intuitive user interface of e-Paint will keep your mouse from melting down.
- Get up to speed with e-Paint’s extensive documentation and tutorials.