Proto Balance Mail is a complete email solution for corporations, ISPs, and universities. Proto Balance Mail load balances incoming and outgoing mail, apportioning email traffic so that no one mail server is ever overloaded.
Proto Balance Mail includes an XML interface for programmability. This is a SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) interface for integrating into your existing infrastructure. This means your accounting, CRM, and admin software can all work seamlessly with Proto Balance Mail.
Proto Balance Mail directs SMTP and POP sessions to particular machines within your cluster of mail servers. Proto Balance Mail directs delivery and POP-retrieval sessions so that a POP session is directed to the same server as a previous delivery session. This means that each mail server in your cluster need not share mailboxes with other servers.
Each mail server in your cluster is only responsible for the mailboxes apportioned to it. It need not retrieve mailboxes from other servers in the cluster.
Proto Balance Mail reduces maintenance and overloading by:
- Reducing load to individual mail servers
- Creating clusters from commodity mail servers
- Obviating the need for slow shared file-sytems, SANs, NFS mounts, or SMB shares
- Protecting your mail servers from SPAM, Bot-nets, and Mal-ware
- Improving availability, reducing maintenance tasks
- Scaling smoothly and indefinitely as your organization grows
- Making your email cluster appear as one mail server
Proto Balance Mail protects your site from:
- Malicious bot-nets trying to deliver SPAM from the Internet
- Relay clients that have SPAM mal-ware installed
- Clients that abuse your mail service