SmartPOP2Exchange helps you to connect your existing POP3 and IMAP accounts to any SMTP or Exchange mail server. The all-rounder works in the background: SmartPOP2Exchange downloads all messages from various accounts and forwards them to your Exchange or any other SMTP server. It also supports downloading of RSS Feeds and delivers them as mail messages to specified accounts. The user-friendly configuration tool is based on the Microsoft MMC.
Unsolicited mails are filtered reliably: SmartPOP2Exchange includes the popular spam filter, SpamAssassin, that is already preconfigured. SpamAssassin achieves a detection rate of over 99% with its various techniques, like Blacklist server requests, Bayes filter, static rules and many more. As SpamAssassin is able to train itself automatically, its efficiency increases the longer it is in use. You can decide how detected spam messages will be processed (tag, move, delete, etc.). Nearly all installed virus scanners can be utilized by SmartPOP2Exchange in order to identify mails infected by a virus or Trojan. The virus scanner ClamAV (integrated in the Enterprise Edition) can also protect you from phishing mails.
SmartPOP2Exchange also provides a flexible and powerful set of rules. The conditions and actions can be applied in any combination, as you know it from Microsoft Outlook. All these functions can also be used from any other PC over local network via an additional Remote Control software for SmartPOP2Exchange.
The POP3/IMAP connector is available in two different editions: The Small Business Edition includes 10 POP3 accounts, whereas the Enterprise Edition offers you an unlimited number of accounts.
- POP3 and IMAP connector for MS Exchange, Lotus Notes and any other SMTP server
- The popular antivirus software ClamAV has been integrated in the Enterprise Edition! So no additional antivirus software for scanning mails on your server is necessary.
- RSS Feeds can be downloaded by SmartPOP2Exchange and delivered as mails
- Runs as system service in the background
- Easy to use configuration application
- Spam filter SpamAssassin included and ready to use, with Bayesian filter and the option to learn spam and ham mails automatically or manually
- Integrated blacklist and whitelist (for email addresses and words)
- Support for catchall accounts that contain emails for multiple addresses. These emails are automatically divided and forwarded to the appropriate persons.
- Most installed virus scanners are integrated to identify infected mails
- A powerful set of rules allows additional actions to be performed for certain mails
- A backup feature, that can save every incoming email to a specified folder on the hard disk
- A scheduler allows to define on which days and hours mails should be forwarded
- A log file logs all events, the log level is adjustable
- Support for SSL encrypted connections to POP3 and IMAP servers