While it is well known that letters can be intercepted and phone lines can be tapped, it is not so well known that even e-mails can be easily read. In fact it is commonly believed that the login password provides privacy and security. This is not actually so!
Advanced Encryption Package 2008 lets you encrypt/decrypt/shred/make sfx .exe/zip files. This program was included into PCWorld’s 5 top encryption tools of the year. This program has a nice and clean user-friendly interface and full ZIP files support.
- Encrypt your sensitive files using 20 encryption algorithms including well-known AES 256 bit
- Securely delete your sensitive files using 20 wiping algorithms including Peter Gutmann algorithm and NATO Data Destruction Standard.
- Create self-decrypting versions of your files (password protected) to send them via email
- Use Public and Private encryption keys (RSA algorithm) when necessary. AEP PRO supports it!
- Keep all your encryption keys on USB Flash Drives. iPOD is also supported 🙂
- Encrypt not only files but text messages. AEP PRO has special Text Encryption Assistant to encrypt important messages being sent via e-mail/ICQ.
- Automate your encryption tasks. AEP PRO includes fully featured command line utility to process files in a batch.
- Simplicity of process
New in this Version:
- Menu item "Help/Check for newer version" was renamed to "Auto Update…".
- Now, the AutoUpdate feature checks for newer version just once a day, not at every program launch.
- AEP PRO received logo "Compatilbe with Windows 7" from Microsoft. The logo verifies that AEP PRO passed thorough quality testing given by Microsoft-authorized technical experts and was found to meet all requirements of compatibility with Windows 7 and Windows 7-certified hardware.
- Since this version AEP can upgrade itself to newer version from website. When new version is available, the new button
- "Upgrade to v.xx.xx.xx" is appeared in the "New version detected" window.