BestCrypt Volume Encryption software provides transparent encryption of all the data stored on fixed and removable disk devices. BestCrypt Volume Encryption software is a new class of volume encryption products that allows users to encrypt old MS-DOS style disk partitions as well as modern volumes residing on a number of physical disk devices – for example Spanned, Striped, Mirrored or RAID-5 volumes.
Features of BestCrypt Volume Encryption
* BestCrypt Volume Encryption allows encrypting data with many strong encryption algorithms.
* BestCrypt Volume Encryption performs Computer Pre-Boot Authentication if system or boot volume/partition is encrypted. It means that BestCrypt Volume Encryption loads before operating system and allows computer to boot only after entering a proper password.
* BestCrypt Volume Encryption supports hardware tokens Aladdin eToken R2 and PRO as a secure hardware storage for encryption keys. With hardware token users get two levels of protection for encrypted data, because in addition to password it is necessary to connect small hardware token where encryption key is stored.
* BestCrypt Volume Encryption supports a number of rescue functions allowing users to decrypt volumes if a serious disk crash occurs.
* BestCrypt Volume Encryption allows optional mounting not system volumes automatically before computer starts loading operating system ("Mount at Boot Time" option).
* BestCrypt Volume Encryption supports a special technology allowing an easy translating the software to any language. Adding new text file to "Language" subfolder (in the folder where the software is installed) makes the software speaking new language.
1. It now uses more enhanced
XTS Encryption Mode. The mode of encryption is more secure and
faster than LRW mode used
in previous version of the software. It uses SHA-512 hash
algorithm instead of
SHA-256. It still contains LRW encryption mode module and SHA-256
provide compatibility with previous version of the software, so the
user can upgrade BestCrypt Volume Encryption to new version without decrypting volumes
the previous version.
2. It allows the user to add
for encrypted volume, including
boot and system volumes. It is convenient and provides more security,
can add passwords for temporary access to encrypted data and then remove
the passwords. Besides,
administrator does not have to tell other users his/her own password,
because it can also be
used for other encrypted data.
is added. When the user activates Anti-Keylogger, no
keylogging program (like Advanced Keylogger or Spy Lantern Keylogger)
passwords the user enters for volumes encrypted by BestCrypt Volume
The Anti-Keylogger module protects also passwords the user enters for
when they are used with encrypted volumes.
4. BestCrypt Volume Encryption can work in
Mode. The user can create
a set of Traveller Mode files and then run the program on computer where
the software is
not installed, for example, when removable disk device with encrypted
volume is attached to
computer without BCVE installed.
5. It has no 2 Terabyte limitation, i.e. the user can now
encrypt volumes that
are larger than 2 Terabytes.
6. It supports the latest PKI Client software from Aladdin
company. As a result,
eToken support has became available for Windows Vista x64 platform.
Previous versions of
Aladdin packages (RTE and PKI Client) are still supported.
7. Backup of
keys stored on Aladdin eToken devices
is enhanced. Now the
user can backup encryption keys from several eTokens to a single device.
It is more convenient
for administrator to keep a single backup eToken with encryption keys
stored on a number of
8. BestCrypt Volume Encryption (BCVE) does not modify reserved
sectors on the hard drive
to store its boot code when the user encrypts system/boot volume. As a
result, BCVE does not
conflict with other software that may wish to use the sectors (like
Windows dynamic disk support,
Adobe protection scheme, system boot recovery programs). But BCVE still
needs to modify