DC++ is an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect network. Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ offers these improvements over its predecessors:
- Much more stable. DC++ wastes less memory, is faster, file size is smaller and long queue won’t freeze the whole program. Neo-Modus Direct Connect eats memory and resources.
- You can connect to many hubs at same time and search for files from all of them with same search.
- You can continue downloading the same file from other users if somebody leaves.
- You can see timestamps in the chat. Chat won’t jump to end when you roll back old messages.
- Bot messages wont popup new windows, you can also filter bot messages out.
- No Ads.
- Search is more versatile.
- Hublist is downloadable from multiple servers/sources.
Features of "DC++":
- Open source software, code freely available under the GNU GPL
- Joins multiple hubs at the same time
- List of bookmark-like favorite hubs and users
- Shares large files and many files per your organization scheme
- Tiger Tree Hashes (TTH) used for file integrity
- Search across all (or selected) connected hub by type, size, or name
- Resume of downloads, with optional search for alternate sources
- Logging options and configuration for chat, private messages, downloads, and uploads
- Autoconfiguration of UPnP routers
- MAGNET link support for linking to specific content
- Automatic and manual download priorities
- Saving of user’s file lists for browsing and queueing
- Translation into other languags by custom supplied gettext po language files
- Segmented downloading