Comodo Firewall 5
Comodo's award-winning firewall provides users with prevention-based PC protection that slams the door shut on viruses, malware, and hackers.
Comodo Firewall introduces the next evolution in computer security: Default Deny Protection (DDP). What is DDP? Most security programs maintain a list of known malware, and use that list to decide which applications and files shouldn't access a PC. The problem here is obvious. What if the list of malware is missing some entries, or isn't up to date? DDP fixes this problem to ensure complete security. The firewall references a list of over two million known PC-friendly applications. If a file that is not on this safe-list knocks on your PC's door, the Firewall immediately alerts you to the possibility of attacking malware. All this occurs before the malware infects your computer. It's prevention-based security, the only way to keep PCs totally safe.
Firewall is a component of Comodo Internet Security 2011, which comes bundled with Comodo Antivirus. You have the option to only install Firewall if you prefer. Firewall is also a part of Comodo Internet Security Pro 2011, which gives you the most robust defense and inlcudes other components like WiFi security, live 24/7 expert assistance for numerous computing needs.
- Easily understood and informative alerts
- No complex configuration issues—perfect for amateur users
- Lots of configuration options let techies configure things just as they like
- DDP-based security keeps you informed and PCs safe
- Quickly learns user behavior to deliver personalized protection
- User-friendly, attractive graphical interface
- 32-bit Windows 7 / Vista / XP SP2
- 128 MB RAM
- 250 MB hard disk space