FtpVC (FTP Version Control) is a serverless
version control system for Windows
98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista, which allows joint software
development using Internet FTP connections. FtpVC provides all
basic version control features that are necessary for any collaborative
development, allowing users from all over the world to jointly
and safely work on the same project without the possibility of
conflict, with very little setup. FtpVC is a Windows client but an FTP
server can be run on any platform.
- Does not require a version control server – uses standard FTP protocol.
- Allows you to get, check out, check in, undo check out, and label files.
- Maintains file revision history.
- Allows to set watch for a specific file (so that e-mail notifications are sent on version control events).
- Shows differences between different file versions.
- Supports SMTP servers with authentication.
- Supports multiple version control projects.
- Provides recursive file management.
- Allows compression and encryption of remote files.
- Includes standard FTP client features (put, delete, rename files and directories, create directories).