J3DWorkbench (J3DWB) is an open source, 3D visualization, simulation, and game design application for your desktop or workstation. J3DWB is a highly-intuitive ‘WYSIWYG’ tool, allowing you to import 3D objects & terrains in a variety of formats, animate them, add effects and behaviors. Scenes and simulations can be played back with the tool, or delivered by HTTP to a web page with Java Webstart. No programming is necessary. Download for your platform now!
- Drag-&-Drop editing
- Powerful, autosensing mouse controls
- Multiple Views
- Multiplatform: Windows, Linux, MacOS X
- Model importing (3DS, OBJ, LWO, DXF, DEM)
- Animated noise textures (fire, smoke, water, etc.)
- Collision detection & avoidance
- Volume rendering from DICOM (with plugin module)
- Medical Visualization
- Scientific Simulation
- Game design
J3DWB integrates Java3D with the RCP framework from Eclipse using the SWT_AWT bridge. The rendering pipeline uses OpenGL all on platforms, and Direct3D, optionally, on Windows. Requires Java 1.5 or greater. Finished scenes can be downloaded and "played" (viewed) via Webstart, using the core binaries.