Astrometrica is a interactive software tool for scientific grade astrometric data reduction of CCD images. The current version for the Windows 32bit operating system family is the successor of a DOS based software that was used for astrometric data reduction of photographic films, and later CCDs.
- Reads FITS (8, 16 and 32 bit integer files) and SBIG image files. The size of the images is only limited by the available memory.
- Automatic image calibration (Dark Frame and Flat Field correction).
- Blinking with automatic image alignment.
- Zoom and ‘Magnifying Glass’ for closeup image inspection.
- Automatic reference star identification.
- Automatic moving object detection and identification.
- ‘Track and Stack’ function to follow fast or very faint moving objects.
- Access to the complete MPC database of orbital elements (MPCOrb).
- Access to new-generation star catalogs (UCAC 3, NOMAD, USNO-B1.0 and CMC-14).
- Includes Internet access (Send e-mail to the MPC, download the MPCOrb databse or query reference star catalogs at VizieR).
- Online help system and tutorials.