Image Metadata Manager is a versatile tool focused mainly in handling metadata information of image files. Photo files often come with metadata embeded in it, for example, the date and time the photo was taken, the speed and aperture the camera used to take that photo, and many more. This information can be used for many things, including sorting and renaming the photos, giving photos meaningful information about who is in it and where it was taken by the means of keywords, localizing the photo with GPS coordinates and others. This application tries to make these tasks easier to the average user while also providing means to do more advanced metadata manipulation.
With this application you will be able to open JPEG and TIFF image files and see their metadata well presented and formatted, and at the same time perform changes to it. This project contains also a library for developers who would like to create applications that access metadata, and the library makes that task quite simple.
The Image Metadata Manager can:
- open JPEG and TIFF images
- manage photo metadata information, viewing adding and editing it
- provide well formatted information to make it easy to read and understand
- display GPS information both on text and on a map, and allow easy editing directly on the map
- automatically rotate images using their orientation information to make them upright
- rename photo files using metadata information such as date and time taken and others
- query metadata information from a file using Microsoft’s Metadata Query Language
- update application automatically
All these features are allowed by the Managed Image Library which provides developers with a well designed interface to access photo metadata in a comprehensive way.