Phota provides comprehensive tools for archiving and annotating your images into attractive, interactive photo albums. It is an ideal application for people with digital cameras, who wish to immediately enjoy their uploaded photos, without spending alot of time and effort in creating and formatting albums.
Images can be added very quickly with a Mass Load option, optionally from IPTC and/or EXIF info. A versatile Page Designer screen contains intuitive controls for building and formatting album pages. Audio and video sequences can also be incorporated into albums.
A handy Photo Index provides a quick scan through all of the photos in an album, with options to display thumbnail or full-screen images, show photo descriptive information or skip to a selected page. Photo Search can be used to find all photos containing a particular string of text within their descriptions. Album pages or individual photos can be viewed as a slide show, with various options.
The Gallery feature transforms the display into 3D perspectives, with album photos exhibited along the walls of various Gallery rooms. Explore can be activated to automatically stroll through Galleries, pausing to admire each photo in turn.
The Phota Trial Package includes both the interactive and screensaver versions of Phota. It can be evaluated for free during the trial period. A small sample album is included to illustrate some of the features of Phota.
- The Gallery feature exhibits a collection of photos in dynamic 3D perspectives. Explore can be activated to automatically stroll through a Gallery, pausing before each image to admire it, and then on to the next photo, until a door to the Next Gallery is reached and passed through.
- A Navigation Bar contains most of the controls needed for the basic operation of Phota. Creating an Album is very simple, with screens that guide you through the process. Photos on album pages can be clicked to display full-screen images. Left and right arrow keys can then be used to scan back and forth through full-screen photos. Click again to return to album page display mode.
- A Mass Load Photos option allows images from one or more directories to be added to an album very quickly, either by selected groups or all at once. Photo Description items can optionally be automatically filled in with appropriate IPTC and/or EXIF fields. Album pages can also be easily copied from the same album or merged from other Phota Albums with the Copy Album Pages feature.
- The Albums Catalog provides a handy index and summary of your Phota albums. Options are available to quickly open albums, browse through album pages and list album photos.
- A Photo Index feature lists Title, Photographer, Date, Location and Occasion information for all of the photos in an album. An individual photo in the index can be clicked to display a thumbnail image. Buttons are available to display a full-screen image and show Photo Information for a selected photo. Pressing another button will skip to the album page on which a highlighted photo occurs.
- Album descriptive information, including Title, Author, Category, Time Period and Comments, can optionally be displayed on the first page of a Phota album. Intro Audio and Intro Video clips can optionally accompany the Album Description. An album can contain virtually an unlimited number of pages. Photos are automatically sized within a page to most efficiently use the available screen area, based on the current page layout and display options.
- And more…