The Bftpd file server is designed to be as small and easy to manage as possible, while providing most of the features you would expect from a file server. On most home systems, Bftpd is ready to work out-of-the-box without requiring any extra configuration. Production systems can be set up by editing a few lines in an easy-to-read config file.
Features of bftpd
* Easy configuration
* Logging to wtmp and to a logfile or syslog
* PAM and passwd/shadow support
* Support for most RFC FTP commands
* tar.gz on-the-fly compression/archiving
* Security with chroot without special setup