Acting as a site specific web browser for Google’s Gmail, Mailplane is a full fledged Mail client for the Desktop. It fully integrates the Gmail web interface into the Mac experience, offering you the best of both worlds. And since Mailplane doesn’t change the way Gmail works, its unique features can still be enjoyed, including conversations, labels, global access, endless storage, spam protection, and the ever fast and powerful Google search.
With Mailplane’s iPhoto plugin, sending pics from iPhoto is as simple as selecting your photos and pressing the email button. It’s really that simple. Mailplane lets you know when new mail arrives – by playing a sound, displaying your unread messages in the application icon, or by the Growl notification system. Plus: Monitor all your accounts using the Accounts Drawer or the Status Iitem.
Mailplane shows a Growl notification when someone wants to chat. The Google Talk Gadget (displayed in separate window) offers Video/Photo Preview and other nice features.
- Drag and drop attachments
- Use multiple Gmail accounts
- Get new mail notifications
- Send screenshots
- Enjoy Gmail shortcuts
- Integrate with OmniFocus
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Internet connection
- One or more Gmail account(s)
- Optional: iPhoto 5 or newer
- Optional: Growl
New in this Version:
- The Russian translation is back
- Updated French translation & Romanian translations
- mailplane:// URLs now automatically switch accounts if needed.
- http://mail.google.com URLs can now be opened in Mailplane (for example with choosy). They work the same as mailplane URLs.
- File > New and File > New Separate do not require keyboard shortcuts anymore.
- Fallback on “Basic attachment feature” when Flash or Google Gears isn’t working.
- Many more enhancements.