If you routinely experience delays or bottlenecks when surfing the Internet or your intranet, you know how frustrating it can be. NetInfo analyzes your connection and various aspects of the Internet in order to isolate potential pitfalls. Once it determines where the problem lies, NetInfo provides you with a whole slew of tools that help you solve it. If the problem lies beyond your realm of control and you don’t know who to contact about it, NetInfo will give you a name, e-mail address and phone number. With tools like Local Info, Connections, Ping, Trace, Lookup, Finger, Whois, Daytime, Time, Quote, HTML, Scanner, Services, E-mail, and Web Center, you’ll get in touch with your inner NetAdmin geek.
Features of NetInfo
* Local Info – Displays system IP addresses and MAC addresses.
* Connections – Displays all local TCP/IP connections and their foreign connection IP address.
* Ping – Allows you to quickly verify network connectivity to another IP address on the network.
* Trace – Displays a list of routers between your system and the destination system.
* Lookup – Allows you to perform DNS forward and reverse lookup queries.
* Finger – Displays information about users currently logged on to a specified server.
* Whois – Allows you to query contact information for domains registered with a Whois server.
* Daytime – Displays the local time of day for any remote host specified.
* Time – Allows you to query the time value from a remote time server and synchronize the time value with your local system clock.
* Quote – Allows you to view quotations from a remote Quote server.
* HTML – Displays the HTML header code and the page data for any Web page address specified.
* Scanner – Scans for host names for a particular range of IP addresses and displays the state of each IP address in the range.
* Services – Lists the available network services (HTTP, Telnet, DNS, SMTP, and so on) for a particular host.
* E-mail – Allows you to verify any e-mail address by simply entering a full user principal name (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* Web Center – Displays available online tools, how-tos, tips, and news.
* Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7.
* Internet Explorer 5.5 or later.