Awave Studio is a multi-purpose audio tool that reads a veritable host of audio carrying file formats from different platforms, synthesizers, trackers, mobile phones… you name it! It can be used in a variety of ways: simply as an audio file format converter, or as an audio editor, or as an audio and MIDI player, and, last but certainly not least, as a generic wavetable synthesizer instrument editor. Think of it as the swiss army knife for anyone working with digital audio or with synthesizers!
Here are just a few examples of common tasks for Awave Studio:
- Convert different types of audio files between more or less obscure file formats.
- Buy a "sample-CD" or download instruments from then net, then use Awave Studio to convert them to a format that your own synth can read. Besides a vast array of different synth-formats, it also supports MIDI SDS, and SCSI SMDI transfers.
- Play MIDI songs that comes with custom ‘instrument banks’, or render them to an audio clip (eg. a MP3) using the built in high-quality software synthesizer.
- Do audio editing tasks such as resampling, fading in and out, normalizing amplitudes, applying effects, and much more.
- Use it as an instrument editor for your synthesizer, sound card, or soft-synth. You can edit a large number of instrument synthesis parameters.