Google Map Buddy allows you to capture your Google Maps offline and store them as images on your hard drive. You can also print out maps of entire cities at zoom levels that would take hours to put together with the current Google facility.
New in version 1.4:
- Put the different maps into a new toolbar where you can manually select which one(s) you want. You can also specify a custom download URL should the Google servers change
- You can download and stitch from multiple sources (e.g. map/satellite/terrain etc) all in the same operation.
- You can save the stiched images into sub-folders if you want to. – Re-wrote the stitching tool to use a different image library (CxImage). Successfully tested a MASSIVE 24000 x 19000 satellite download, should be big enough for almost everyone
- New ‘Hybrid’ map feature where you can download the transparent hybrid layer of Google maps (the one overlaid over satellite images)
- You can input your own custom maximum map size (because 21 appeared for some areas – I’m sure higher ones will appear soon)
- Please ignore the new latitude and longitude figures on the toolbar – I believe they are very incorrect. If someone knows of an algorithm to translate google map tiles to long/lats that works please let me know – I translated an algorithm I found on the net but its not working.