The LastFM Tag Extractor is powerful utility for downloading and integrating LastFM’s artist and track tags into your local media library. Compared with other, similar utilities, the LastFM Tag Extractor generally provides a greater degree of customizability and flexibility over how and which tags are extracted and how and where they’re integrated into your media files.
- Multiple genre tagging
- Support for MP3, MP4/M4A, Ogg Vorbis, and FLAC
- Multiple OS/platform support (implemented in pure Python)
- Configurable tag writing to the genre, grouping, and/or comment fields
- Fine grained control over tag source (artist and/or track tags), tag sorting, tag overwrite policies, and the number of tags to use, all on a per-destination field basis
- Support for tag rewriting rules: block unwanted tags, rename tags, and create new tags based on existing tags