allStation is a full-featured telephone utility with an advanced answering machine, phone dialer, contact manager, fax receive capability, and optional Caller ID and speakerphone support. It is designed to make full use of your voice modem's telephony features without getting in the way or using a lot of resources.
The heart of CallStation is the answering system. New messages are saved to the Call Log. You can easily listen to, archive, or delete messages as desired. Other features of the answering system include:
Here are some other special features included with CallStation:
- Multiple Greetings - Configure up to three standard greetings and switch between them manually or automatically using the built-in scheduler. You can also define personal greetings and group greetings if you have Caller ID.
- Remote Access - Access your messages from any touch-tone phone. Easy to follow voice menus are generated using voice synthesis. A timestamp is played back after each message so you know exactly when the caller left the message. You can also replay old messages as well as listen to new ones.
- Message Forwarding - After a caller leaves a message, CallStation can dial any phone number and forward the message to you. If you have messages forwarded to your cell phone, you can receive your messages no matter where you are. Messages can be forwarded by e-mail as well.
- Call Screening - Listen to callers through your sound card as they are leaving a message. If you have tried other answering machine programs, you know that many do not have this capability.
- Fax Receive Capability - CallStation can receive both voice mail and faxes on the same phone line. This can save you the cost of a second phone line just for receiving faxes. A separate fax manager and a fax viewer program are included.
- Conversation Recording - With a couple clicks of your mouse, you can record any telephone conversation direct to disk.
- Support for an LCD display - Want to know how many new messages you have even if your monitor is turned off? CallStation has support for an LCD module that can be mounted in a 5 1/4" drive bay.
CallStation also includes a handy phone dialer with integrated phone books and speed-dial buttons. Use your modem to place outgoing calls, and auto-redial busy numbers.
If you have Caller ID service with your phone company (and a Caller ID capable modem), CallStation makes full use of this information. A pop-up window can display a caller's name and number. Other Caller ID features include TTS announcements, Auto-Hang-Up on unwanted callers, and E-Mail Notification.