Patch 3.3.3 brings about small but noteworthy changes to the World of Warcraft. From a faster CoT, to putting those old Frozen Orbs to better use, to changes to the auction house — there’s several things all WoW players need to know. WoW.com’s Guide to Patch 3.3.3 will keep you up to date.
Let’s talk about the biggest changes first. I covered the new sub spec details pretty thoroughly a few weeks ago, but a quick recap can’t hurt. In terms of PvE viability, sub is dead last, and it’s not even close. None of the changes make up for the forced PvP / survivability talents that we’re required to take as we make our way down the tree. While our other trees make look more similar to sub once Cataclysm is released, we are still firmly in the Lich King’s grasp and the dominance of a DPS-oriented tree is too strong for sub to overcome.
The changes with the Frozen Orbs being greed only and the new uses for it? Excellent.
- Auction house updates and cooldown removals? Nice. I’m a tailor myself. Free raid buffs just by being able to manufacture the specialty cloths anywhere, right?
- Changes to the way raid buffs function? Score!
- I haven’t tried out the new Random Battleground system yet, but I think I’ll be sold on it as well.
- The changes to the healing priest tier 10 4 piece bonus. (Redesigned. This bonus now increases the effectiveness of the caster’s Power Word: Shield by 5% and Circle of Healing by 10%.)
- The ability to skip the Culling of Stratholme introduction dialog. In my dungeon runs, I’d always see players who drop group upon finding out that was the instance we were in. Truly awesome!
· This is a minor patch to address specific issues relating to patch 3.2.2.
· Fixed an issue players were having with the 'Escape' key causing the Battleground queue window to close.
· Fixed an issue players were having when attempting to enter a Battleground while dead or in combat when already in a Battleground.
· Fixed the Wintergrasp zone map so it now correctly shows the status of all keep walls.
· Fixed a crash Mac clients were experiencing with ATI driver.
· Fixed the performance of certain spells that have transparent components.
· Fixed an issue that prevented an item from being socketable after it is first obtained.