At the opening of MWC 2014, Nokia also announced the arrival of the Asha 230 mobile phone. Today this phone is being sold on the online store at Rs. 3449 only.
Nokia Asha 230 integrates popular apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Line, WeChat or WhatsApp, and many more applications are available through the Nokia Store, which is enriched by the day!
The Asha 230 takes the Fast Lane interface displaying the latest notifications and recent actions of the user on its screen.
With a touch screen of 2.8 inches (benefiting from double tap to exit standby) and a 1.3 mpix camera sensor, it will be available in different colors such as bright red, bright green, yellow, white, black and cyan. Also note that it will come in 2 forms: Single or Dual Sim and will be released in the market of Asia-Pacific, Europe, India, Latin America, Middle East and Africa.
Finally, you should know that Nokia has planned deployment of an update for the full range Asha device (probably April 2014) which will include free storage of OneDrive (7GB), a quick backup of photos, but also access to MixRadio, music streaming by Nokia, for old and new models.
Below is the technical specifications of the Nokia Asha 230:
- Capacitive TFT QVGA (320 × 240) 2.8-inch screen
- 1.3 megapixel camera
- Internal memory of 4 GB
- MicroSD card reader (up to 32GB)
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Connectivity: 2G, Quad-band GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- Single or Dual SIM
- Internet Browser Nokia XPress
- Facebook, Foursquare, LINE, LinkedIn, Twitter, WhatsApp and WeChat: Integrated Applications
- HERE Maps
- FastLane user interface (Swipe)
- Splash-proof and dust-free
- Asha OS
- 6 colors available (yellow, red, black, white, green and cyan)