Standard PDF Encryption with owner and user passwords used to be the only PDF protection. Unfortunately passwords do not stop somebody of passing the PDF document on to somebody else. Even worse is the fact that PDF passwords can be removed very easy. The owner password for example can be removed in a matter of seconds without even knowing the passwords.
The Aloaha PDF Crypter solves these PDF limitations and offers a complete DRM solution. Aloaha encrypts the PDF documents with the public key(s) of the user allowed to read/display the PDF document. As the resulting PDF document is PDF 1.5 compatible it can be read with the free Adobe Reader 6 or higher.
Certificate encrypted documents cannot be passed on to a third person – thus making them the ideal solution for eBook distribution or secure sealing of documents. The Aloaha FileCrypter encrypts any document with a list of public keys stored in the users address book or certicate store. These encrypted files can only be decrypted if the recipient has at least one valid private key of the recipient list installed in his windows certificate store.
- PDF Encryption PDF 1.5 compatible (Reader 6)
- Certificate based Encryption (X.509)
- multiple certificates supported
- Only owner of private key can open document
- No Passwords needed
- Multiple owners possible
- A list of certificates/authorized people can be defined to be allowed to open encrypted PDF.
- OCX Component included
- Can replace old traditional security (APDFPR)
- (traditional password based security is extremely insecure! For example lost passwords can be removed with the Aloaha PDF Editor)
- S/MIME Mailer included
- This intelligent mailer will send your PDF in an encrypted S/Mime email which is automatically signed with your certificate!
- can be assigned to right mouse click in windows explorer
- Drag&Drop supported
- PDF Attachments