AutoMailMerge is an advanced plug-in for Adobe Acrobat Professional software for performing mail merge processing. Mail merge is a computer term describing the production of multiple (and potentially large numbers of) documents from a single template form and a structured data source. This technique is used to create personalized letters, documents, bills and pre-addressed envelopes or mailing labels for mass mailings (or document creation) from a database of names and addresses. You use mail merge when you want to create a set of documents that are essentially the same but where each document contains unique elements.
Creating each letter, message, bill, statement, fax, label, envelope, or coupon individually would take hours. That’s where mail merge comes in. Using mail merge, all you have to do is create one PDF document that contains the information that is the same in each version. Then you just add some fillable form fields for the information that is unique to each version. The plug-in uses PDF form as a template and takes input from a variety of data sources to fill form fields and generate documents.
AutoMailMerge provides a complete solution for mass creation of PDF documents from variety of data sources. Output PDF documents can be optionally secured with individual passwords and e-mailed to the recipients. The plug-in supports a variety of different data sources such as ODBC-compliant databases (Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, dBase, Paradox, MS SQL Server, Oracle and almost any existing commercial and open-source database comes with ODBC driver), Excel spreadsheets, XML documents, comma and tab-delimited ASCII text files.
The software reads data records (in case of text files – text lines) and fills forms fields of the template PDF form. New PDF file is spawned for each input data record to create a personalized PDF document. Any PDF document that has fillable form fields can be used as a mail merge template. Output PDF documents are saved into output folder and optionally emailed to the recipients using email addresses retrieved from each data record.
- Create Multiple PDF Documents: Create multiple PDF documents by filling a single PDF form with data from variety of data sources such as comma and tab-delimited ASCII text files, XML documents, MS Access database, spreadsheets and any ODBC-compliant database such as MS SQL Server or Oracle. The software allows you to define correspondence between data source fields and PDF form fields.
- Create Single Output PDF Document: The plug-in provides an option to generate a single compound document that will contain all filled PDF forms. The compound document can be created in addition or in place of separate PDF documents per single data record. Generating just a single PDF file is significantly faster than creating a separate file for each data record.
- Data Selection: Select all or just few individual data records to run a mail merge operation on. Advance users may use SQL selection capabilities to select a desired subset of records out of a large database or table. The plug-in provides a simple SQL expression builder and easy-to-use interface for creating and maintaining a library of frequently used queries.
- Fill PDF Forms: Fill PDF form fields with data from a single or multiple data fields. Data from multiple data source fields can be combine with custom static text to fill a single PDF form field. This functionality provides an important flexibility when filling existing PDF forms that cannot be modified to accommodate a particular data source structure. Most PDF form fields can be populated: checkboxes, radio-buttons, text fields, combo and list boxes and etc.
- Secure Output Documents: You can limit access to output PDF files by setting passwords ("Open file" and "Permissions" passwords) and by restricting certain features, such as printing and editing. The plug-in provides a unique ability to use either the same password for all output documents or assign an individual password for every output file. Passwords for each document can be read from a corresponding data record.
- Custom File Naming: Create human readable and highly customized file names for output files by combining multiple field values with a static text. This functionality allows creation of file names such as "Account – 34565672.pdf" or "John A Doe.pdf".
- And More..