PDF Index Generator is a powerful indexing utility for generating an index from your book and writing it to your book in (4) easy steps. PDF Index Generator parses your book, collects the index words and their location in the book, then writes the generated index to a PDF or a text file you specify. The main target for PDF Index Generator is to automate the process of generating the book index instead of doing the hard work manually.
- Ability to specify the book’s pages to force include/exclude them from the index.
- Ability to specify the words to force include/exclude them from the index.
- Ability to edit the generated index (add new words, edit words, skip some words, …)
- Ability to specify the type of each word(Normal/Header/Sub-Header) so it can be indented in the written index.
- Ability to append the generated index to your book, or write it to a new pdf or text file.
- Ability to specify after which page in the book do you want to write the generated index.
- Ability to handle encrypted(password protected) books
- PDF Index Generator comes with a number of words categories containing the most famous English words( verbs – prepositions – . . . ) to exclude them. You can also create your own categories, and you can import/export them too.
- PDF Index Generator comes with a number of design templates, where you can choose any of them to be applied while writing the Index to your book. You can also create your own templates.
- PDF Index Generator does not require Adobe Acrobat to be installed.