PrestoNotes is a freeware tool for Windows that lets you write little memos and stick them on your screen.
Each note may be entirely personalized:
- image (each note have a text side and an image side)
- background and text color
- character fonts
- title bar
- scroll bar
- position and size
- displayed over other windows, or not
- possibility to open or save in an external file (.txt)
- entirely customized alarm setting :
- single events (the alarm sets off only once)
- recurrent events (the alarm sets off on desired frequency) :
- yearly, monthly, weekly, daily, hourly
- option to precise the exact time
- option to get a warning signal before the event really takes place :
- from 1 to 30 days before, from 1 to 23 hours, from 1 to 59 minutes.
When the alarm sets off the note appears on the screen and may also:
- ring a bell or play a sound of your choice (.wav type)
- start a
programof your choice
- achieve a chosen
operationthrough its associated application program
- randomly change the wallpaper of Windows
- randomly change the screen-saver of Windows
- Shut down Windows (XP/2000 only)
- A function permits to be warned when a new e-mail comes to your provider (very useful for anybody who have a permanent
- Possibility to send and receive notes on a local
networkor via Internet. A small addressbook is included to store your favorite users.
- WYSIWYG print of any note. The note is printed just as it looks on the screen.
- A search feature enables you to find any text inside all your notes.
- Possibility to show a splash screen with the logo of your
company. To obtain a personalized version of PrestoNotes, just contact
- Open web sites in your Internet browser.
- Keyboard shortcuts.
· bug : in some cases, the deletion of a mail was impossible
· bug : in some cases, the check for new mail could give a fatal error 12 or 0
· bug : Under Windows Vista / 7, with the UAC enabled, a fatal error 70 (acces denied) occured when trying to copy text of a note with the context menu
· bug : a missing file in the standard package prevents from having the help notes