QuickTime Alternative is a trimmed down version of QuickTime that contains only the essential components needed for playing QuickTime content that is embedded in web pages.
Advantages of QuickTime Alternative are:
- Quick and easy install
- Ability to make an unattended installation
- No background processes
- No unwanted stuff and other nonsense
- Smaller size
Media Player Classic and ZoomPlayer are capable of playing QuickTime files by using the QuickTime framework that gets installed by QuickTime Alternative. Other players require DirectShow filters to be able to play QuickTime files.
If you want to play QuickTime files in Windows Media Player or another DirectShow based player, then it is recommended to install the K-Lite Codec Pack. That contains all the DirectShow filters that are required to play QuickTime files.
There is a variant of QuickTime Alternative called QT Lite. The ONLY difference between the two packs is that QT Lite does not contain Media Player Classic.
Works on windows XP, 2003, Vista, Windows 7.
- Added detection of Seamonkey 2.0 plugin directory
- Fixed PATH adjustment issue during uninstall
- If you currently have version 3.0.0 installed, then do NOT uninstall it, but just upgrade it with this version