Diversity 1.0 details
A new tool for entering and inspecting ecological data, and for
measuring the diversity of ecological communities. Spreadsheets have
long been the standard tool for ecological data entry, but spreadsheets
are cumbersome for working with these data. Diversity makes it quick to
enter your data and to see the composition of your samples. Standard
measures of diversity, including both individual-based and sample-based
rarefaction, are made blazingly fast.
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later
Here are some key features of "Diversity":
· Easy to use – Use spreadsheets for number crunching, not for data entry and viewing! Watch Diversity in action.
· Fast data entry – Data entry in Diversity is quick. Type a few
characters for the species name, and enter the abundance. No scrolling
back and forth through a spreadsheet and no more entering zeroes for
species that don’t occur. Easier data entry means fewer errors.
· Easy sample viewing – Easily see the composition of any sample. Sort
the samples by species name or abundance. Quickly step through any or
all of your samples.
· Import your existing data – Diversity can import from standard CSV
(comma-delimited) files. Import one collection or an entire set of
collections in one step. Even import a simple list of abundances for
quick analysis. Watch how easy it is to import your data.
· Export your data for other programs – Diversity works well with all
of your data analysis software. Export your data in standard CSV
formats that can be readily by other statistical packages, including R.
Watch how easy it is to export your data.
· Common diversity metrics – Diversity instantly calculates common
metrics of richness and evenness, including Shannon’s H, Pielou’s J,
Simpson’s D, and Peters’ Ess. Diversity also computes diversity
extrapolations, including the Chao-1 and Chao-2 estimators.