Your Swiss Army Knife to edit any kind of text based files.
Whether you simply need a tool to edit your HTML files, an application to modify or reformat large text files, a programming IDE or just an editor to tweak your web pages. Textual does what you want, the way you would expect.
Textual focuses on manipulating text in ways that word processors generally cannot. In service of this goal, it offers many features including syntax highlighting, code folding, regular expression based find and replace operations, code completion, multiple character sets, split views and other useful features that enables you to edit small and also very large text files quicker and more easily.
Quickly find the part of a file you want to edit.
You can easily locate and change text, words or any set of characters that you have used in your file, even if it occurs many times throughout the file. For that Textual has several options:
- Find or search-and-replace through the current file, all open files or files on disk.
- Search for whole words, regular expressions, matching case and in the reverse direction.
- Modeless windows, meaning you can work in open text documents without having to close or switch the search window.
- All multi search results are highlighted and previewed similar as with Google.
- Includes a regular expressions library to find easily common text, like HTML tags, email addresses or comments.