An image processing software dedicated to DICOM images produced by medical equipment (MRI, CT, PET, PET-CT, …) and confocal microscopy (LSM and BioRAD-PIC format). It can also read many other file formats: TIFF (8,16, 32 bits), JPEG, PDF, AVI, MPEG and QuickTime.
It is fully compliant with the DICOM standard for image comunication and image file formats. OsiriX is able to receive images transferred by DICOM communication protocol from any PACS or medical imaging modality (STORE SCP – Service Class Provider, STORE SCU – Service Class User, and Query/Retrieve).
OsiriX has been specifically designed for navigation and visualization of multi-modality and multi-dimensional images. Many more features.
What’s new in version 3.7 ?
- Full DICOM TLS (Transport Layer Security) support for network operations
- OsiriX Lite version (for CD/DVD burning) 14 MB instead of 150 MB
- Network functions are now grouped in the Network menu
- Encrypt DICOM CD/DVD with a password in zip format
- WADO Server support (included in the Web HTTP Server, url: wado)
- New built-in web server, with HTTPS encryption and ZIP export
- Customize the built-in Web server
- Better views position in MPR and Ortho-MPR for Portrait Mode screens
- Support Presentation States (PR) SOPClassUID in database
- Q&R: Separate DICOM Auto Query Retrieve window
- Q&R: Save DICOM Auto Query Retrieve settings
- Q&R: Threaded DICOM Association negotiation and C-Find
- Q&R: support for Referring Physician field
- Q&R: query last 6 or 12 hours
- Abort Incoming DICOM Processes (Store-SCU)
- Add, Delete and Modify ROIs on shared database
- Support SUV computation for more than 24 hours
- Search by Patient ID on the built-in Web server
- WADO Client support for Q&R
- BullsEye plugin
- OpenOffice support (odt format) for Reports
- Export studies by email from the DB window
- Option to open PDF & DICOM PDF in Preview application
- Search in Logs, Export Logs in csv format
- Windows Tiling menu (2D Viewer) and contextual menu
- Validation process to identify corrupted files on CD/DVD
- Compatible with Oviyam project (http://oviyam.raster.in/)
- This version is the last version to support PowerPC processors (G4 & G5 Macs)
- Continuously display the 3D cursor, if Control key and Shift key are pressed