python-gpsbabel is a simple wrapper around the GPS Babel executable. Works on Windows, Linux, and Mac. This wrapper is believed to be pretty much feature complete and bug-free, though the version number is kept low since others might have more features to add.
python-gpsbabel can do the following:
- Create arbitrary chains, including changing character sets, applying filters, and readin and writing files in any format supported by GPSBabel.
- It can capture the output of any GPSBabel command.
- If that output is in the GPX format, it can convert it to something usable by a calling program.
- It can take the same sort of objects it creates, and send them as input to GPSBabel.
- It is easily capable of support additional versions of GPSBabel when they come out.
- It can read from and write to supported GPS units.