JrDebugLogger is a C++ Programmer’s Toolkit. It consists of a set of Open Source, Cross Platform header files for C++
that you can add to your applications in order to support advanced
debug-logging, and an optional Microsoft Windows application for
capturing debug messages in real time and allowing you to
view/sort/search them in an efficient manner.
What is Debug-Logging?
Debug-Logging (sometimes known as printf-debugging) is when you add
print statements to your code so that you can see the values of
certains variables and where the program is at certain times. It also
supports unit testing support functions.
This is the right tool for you if..
- You want to be able to disable the support code completely in release builds for zero-impact on size and cpu usage.
- You want a cross-platform solution that works in any C++ compiler.
- You want flexibile output (console based text, html, xml, custom GUI).
- You want to use standard syntax for debug logging, in printf or stream io formats.
- You want a completely documented system which is very easy to start using.
- You want support for lightweight unit testing support functions.
- You want built-in commandline parsing for supporting debug options in your applications.