OpenPGP Component for .NET is a free, open source, easy to use .NET Component for signing, encrypting and decryption data or documents with the free and open source GNU OpenPGP project called GnuPG (or GPG for short).
- Free software with permissive MIT license – no GPL restrictions.
- Multiple VB.NET and C# examples.
- Interfaces directly with the GnuPG GPG.EXE command line tool to sign, encrypt and decrypt data using .NET Streams.
- Locates the GPG.EXE executable two different ways – the Windows registery or by user supplied path.
- Retrieve a collection or DataSet of the keys loaded in the local key ring.
- Use as a DLL or add the source code directly to your project.
- Encrypt and decrypt examples given in C# and VB.NET.
- Asynchronous encryption and decryption examples given in C# and VB.NET.
- Integrated Visual Studio.NET help documentation.
- Accepts any System.IO.Stream object from reading and writing encryption data.
- Output type either as ASCII Armor or Binary
- Supports optional passphrases when decryption data.
- Both Encrypt and Decrypt methods have corresponding EncryptAsync and DecryptAsync methods to support background processing.
- Supports the new Microsoft Asynchronous Model so you can just fire and forget asynchronous calls (no Begin/End needed).
- Written in 100% managed C# code.
- Requires .NET 2.0, 3.0, or 3.5 and GPG.EXE or GPG2.EXE executable.
- support for GPG2.EXE
- bug fix: limited support for keys with multiple uids