Opticks is an expandable remote sensing and imagery analysis software platform that is free and open source.
If you’ve used other commercial tools like: ERDAS IMAGINE, RemoteView, ENVI, or SOCET GXP, then you need to give Opticks a try. Unlike other competing tools, you can add capability to Opticks by creating an extension. Opticks provides the most advanced extension capability of any other remote sensing tool on the market.
- Free and open source
- Supports the following file formats: NITF 2.0/2.1, GeoTIFF, ENVI, ASPAM/PAR, CGM, DTED, Generic RAW, ESRI Shapefile, HDF5, AVI, MPEG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP
- Zoom, pan, rotate spatially large datasets
- Quickly layer GIS features, annotations, results, and other information over your data to provide context
- Many image display controls such as colormap, histogram, transparency, etc.
- Support for datasets larger than four gigabytes
- Analysts can quickly combine steps using graphical wizards
- Support for processing data in it’s native interleave of BIP, BSQ or BIL
- Get extensions to drop in new capability.