Test Script Runner is a software platform designed to provide a script based mechanism for Automatic Regression Testing. The software provides a scripting language which allows the user to expand the capabilities via plug-in testing modules.
A number of plug-in modules are provided with the software to allow for:
- Communication via a serial device (RS-232, TCP, UDP, VISA etc).
- Interact with a windows application to fill in edit boxes and press buttons etc.
- Dial/Hang-up an internet connection.
- Perform FTP operations.
- Stream video from a Real Time Streaming Server (RTSP).
- Run programs.
- Access the windows registry.
- Control any number of PCs running Test Script Runner to remotely execute script commands via a serial link (RS-232, TCP or UDP) which can be encrypted for security.
- Automate web page testing via a Selenium Tester plug-in.
Each of the plug-in modules provides documentation describing the actions that the plug-in provides and the in/out parameters that are required. This documentation appears within the Help menu of the Test Script Runner GUI.
Extra plug-in modules can be found on the plugins.htm page which will be updated as and when further generic modules are coded.
The help menu of the GUI also provides a details step by step guide to creating your own plug-in modules to allow you to interact with non-generic items that you need within your testing needs.